Emperor Servers

Sprint race and feature race

Hey there,

I want to create an event that consists of the following:
qualifying, sprint race (20minutes) and feature race (40 minutes) with reverse grid.

So I’m thinking of doing like this:
create an event with quali + sprintrace.
people register for the event.
event takes place.
after the event I would need to QUICKLY create a second event (just 40min race, no qualy) with the people in reverse order.

This seems error-prone to me… Any good best practice advice for solving my issue?

Hi!

You should be able to achieve this using the built in Reversed Grid Race functionality. In your event config go to the “Race” tab and scroll down, you should see an option called “Reversed Grid Race Positions”. Set that option to -1, this will add a second race after the first with a reversed grid.

You can also set “Reverse Grid Race Source” to either “First Race” or “Qualifying” depending on whether you want to reverse the feature race grid from the qualifying results or the sprint race.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

Hi Hecrer,
thanks for your reply - sorry for being late with my followup.

Yes, I know that functionality from the original AC server, but I don’t see any possibility to change the format of the second race to a different length (and mandatory pit stops).

I think ACSMv2 just uses the same mechanics that the Kunos server has. i.e. two races with the same settings (duration, laps, mandat pitstop etc)

But the important thing for me is exactly this: first doing a sprint race (20min no mandatory pit), and then a longer (40min) second feature race (with pitstops) based on a reversed grid…

Hi,

Apologies, I missed that detail in your original post.

This is still possible, but you’d need to use ACSM’s “Race Weekends” feature. With a Race Weekend you can define a custom session flow where each session is fully configurable and you can control filtering and sorting of drivers for each event.

The only trade-off is that in a Race Weekend drivers will need to leave/join the server between each session, but it is the only way to achieve an event like this currently.

Please let me know if you have any further questions about that, thanks!