Emperor Servers

How can I activate the Live Weather?

Hello,

I have recently activated the new weather transition system on one of my servers and it works really well, but I would like to try out the live weather.

Unfortunately, I can not activate the live weather, so the question, how can I unlock / activate the live weather, so that I can test it?

Many thanks for the help.

With kind regards
Stefan

Hi,

The first step is to enter your “Open Weather Map API Key” on the Server Options page of ACSM, in the miscellaneous section. The description beneath the option explains where to go to get an API key.

Once the API key is entered and saved you should be able to activate Live Weather in any race form (“Custom Shaders Patch/Sol Integration” and “Use CSP Weather Transitions” must be enabled first.

If that doesn’t help please let us know!

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you for the answer.

Yes, the answer was already very helpful now it works :slight_smile:

With kind regards
Stefan

Hello,

I just noticed that the server doesn’t seem to be using 3 plugins at the same time.

I have tried:

• ACSM
  • sTracker
  • Real penalty
  • Live Weather

To use at the same time, apparently the real penalty was no longer started.

This comes at the end of the Real Penalty settings log:

2023-08-21 18:11:51.724681: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “server.py”, line 1438, in server.Server._tcp_app_listening
OSError: [WinError 10048] Normalerweise darf jede Socketadresse (Protokoll, Netzwerkadresse oder Anschluss) nur jeweils einmal verwendet werden

2023-08-21 18:11:51.724681: Bind error - App TCP port: 53003
2023-08-21 18:11:51.725682: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “server.py”, line 1156, in server.Server._start_app_udp_listening
OSError: [WinError 10048] Normalerweise darf jede Socketadresse (Protokoll, Netzwerkadresse oder Anschluss) nur jeweils einmal verwendet werden

2023-08-21 18:11:51.725682: Bind error - App UDP port: 8777
2023-08-21 18:11:54.728516: thread_app_tcp died

@Hecrer How can I make it all run at the same time?

Hi Stefan,

The Live Weather plugin isn’t actually a plugin, at least in the same way that sTracker, RP etc. are and so running it alongside them shouldn’t change anything.

Based on the errors you’ve shared, it sounds like you have a port conflict, where the RP ports (53003 TCP and 8777 UDP) are already being held by some other application.

My guess would be that you have an old RP process running that hasn’t shut down properly, and is holding on to the ports. You should be able to solve this by finding and manually stopping that process, or by defining new ports via ACSM.

I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks