Emperor Servers

Feature request: AI Traffic

Hi! I had seen a similar question on this forum, but a lot could have changed since then. This project attracted my attention: GitHub - compujuckel/AssettoServer: Custom Assetto Corsa server with focus on freeroam

It seems like it implements freeroam with traffic, server-side only. I don’t know the technical details of how it works in this project, but maybe you can do something similar on the ServerManager platform?

Hi,

Thanks for the feature request! At this time we don’t have any plans to implement AI traffic into ACSM, but we will take your interest into consideration.

Thanks

Double this - have spent the past several hours trying to work out why I couldn’t get the AI models to work, only to find out this doesn’t even support it.

It’s a bummer, since AI Freeroam was a huge part of why I started the server at all. Really wanted to get premium, but now I’m thinking I may have to go elsewhere. :frowning:

Same Here! Currently having to use a butchered version of ACSM to create Entry Lists, then copying that to another folder containing the “Assetto Server” traffic server cfg folder then making the changes required to enable AI. It would be so simple to add the required field AI to the entry list with a drop down selection for “auto, fixed, none”. Thats basically all that is required!

Unfortunately this isn’t the case, ACSM v2 uses a custom server built from scratch, which enables many of our advanced features. The Assetto Server project is also a custom server which implements AI traffic.

These two projects, as they are both separate server integrations, are incompatible with each other. You can use ACSM v1 as that was designed for the original AC server, but v2 is a different story.

So, in order to add AI traffic to ACSM v2 we would need to build our own traffic system into ACSM v2.

Could you provide me more info of doing this with V1 Thanks

I’ve heard of a fork of ACSM v1 intended for use with Assetto Server, although I’m afraid I’m not sure where it can be accessed. You’d probably be best off asking in the Assetto Server Discord.